BLUGIBBON: Data Policy and Privacy Information
Blugibbon is committed to protecting Medical Officers privacy and ascribes to the
National Privacy Principles associated with the Commonwealth Privacy (Private Sector) Act 1988 as amended 14 September 2006 as well as The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 25th May 2018
Scope and Application
This policy is applied to all members of the Blugibbon team.
The following policy outlines how Blugibbon will process data comprising personal details in accordance with Commonwealth Privacy and GDPR.
All candidates will be asked to give express consent to allow Blugibbon to store and share data in the ways described below.
What Data is collected, stored and shared?
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Telephone numbers
- Home address
- Employment history
- Professional Skills and Achievements
- CV / Resume
- Police Clearances / WWCC
- Insurance policies
- Vaccination Records
- Notes of conversations, interview records and emails with candidates
How will the data be stored?
All data is stored electronically within a secure cloud based platform with restricted access and administration rights within the company, Blugibbon uses a client relationship management program that maintains The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) standard.
How will the data be shared?
Data will be shared after express consent is given by the candidate, with potential employers in UK, Australia and other countries of interest to the candidate. It will be shared verbally with prospective employers and electronically over the internet.
How long will the data be stored?
For the purpose of sourcing short and medium term employment with Blugibbon we have a promise to retain personal information for five years since the last communication. Should Blugibbon not have any communication either verbal or written over a five year period of time Blugibbon will permanently delete personal records from its systems.
How do we maintain and keep records of data sharing?
Our client record management system shows all records of conversations and updates of candidate data made within the system.
This data could be in the form of:
- Results of inquiries that Blugibbon make of former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- Results of any competency or medical tests;
- Performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- Additional information which the Medical Officer has provided to Blugibbon.
Personal information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Blugibbon;
- Other consultants at Blugibbon in connection with possible employment opportunities;
- Any person or body with a lawful entitlement to obtain information.
If the Candidate does not provide Blugibbon with the information sought, Blugibbon may be limited in our ability to locate suitable employment. This is explained in the Legitimate Interests Assessment.
Candidate details will not be disclosed to any person, body or organisation for any purpose other than the primary purpose of us storing data, that being the securing of employment for candidates.
Blugibbon may contact subscribed Candidates by the email, telephone or written document to:
- Give information on the progress of an application;
- Respond to a request for information or a product or service;
- Seek permission to pass on the resume/CV for a potential placement or employment opportunity;
- Provide Candidates with updated information about our website, and
- Provide Candidates with information about our products and services which they may find useful.
If a candidate wants to withdraw consent for contact from Blugibbon:
A candidate may remove their name from the Blugibbon list either by visiting our website and following the instructions on how to withdraw information from that website (where that facility is available) or e-mailing Blugibbon at firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be removed from the mailing list. There is also an unsubscribe option on emails that can be used at any time.
Subject Access Request
- Blugibbon will always provide a copy of all personal information held, should it be requested by the Candidate within one month of the request being made (or within 2 months if the request is particularly complex) at no charge.
- Blugibbon will correct data if required as soon as practically possible, at the request of the individual concerned at no charge
- Requests can be made by e-mailing Blugibbon at email@example.com
Data Portability and deletion
- Blugibbon will honour the right of a data subject (candidate) to receive the personal data concerning them in a ‘commonly use and machine-readable format’ and have the right to transmit the data to another ‘controller’
- Blugibbon will uphold the right to be forgotten when requests are made to delete all data held on them from our databases.
- This will be done when request is made via our website, by telephone, email or written request.
- The data subject can access Blugibbon’s home page and browse the site without disclosing personal data and can save information collected by the cookies.
- Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes.
- Cookies are useful to estimate the number of members, determine overall traffic patterns through our website and helps Blugibbon to continue improving our website.
Security and Privacy
If there is ever a data breach, Blugibbon will notify ICO and make subjects aware of the circumstances and outcome of the breach and potential risks. If a subject has any complaints about the way Blugibbon handles their data, they can contact ICO using the following link:
- Blugibbon Consultants will be the first point of contact for inquiries about privacy and data issues. Individuals wishing to make an inquiry or complaint regarding privacy should do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Blugibbon websites will contain a prominently displayed Data Policies and Privacy Information.